Sankofa Vendor Village Application
For More Information Email: Vending@JuneteenthJXN.com
SATURDAY/SUNDAY JUNE 18-19
Vendor must provide all necessary equipment such as tent, tables, chairs, signage, trash receptacles, etc.
*Absolutely NO SELLING OF JUNETEENTH EXPO 2022 T-SHIRTS or other merchandise. JJE Merch to be sold only by JJE Staff.
All fees due at the time of booking – Deadline for Registration is Friday, June 10th, 2022.
***Dharma Pro Services, New Horizon Church, or any affiliates or agents are not responsible for injury, loss or damage that may occur to an exhibitor, employees or property before, during or after event. Exhibitors/Vendors assumes all responsibility for insurance and licenses needed to operate.
Juneteenth JXN Expo Exhibitor/Vendor Terms
- INSTALLATION OF EXHIBITS – All exhibits are to load-in in accordance with the instructions by Soul-Filled Weekend (JJE to include all affiliates and agents) Management. Exhibitors/Vendors shall receive from Event Management instructions including but not limited to Load-in Instructions that contains set-up information, and rules and regulations. These are incorporated into this contract. Exhibitors/Vendors expressly acknowledges that failure to explicitly comply with the load-in times & instructions will result in additional costs to Exhibitors/Vendors. Exhibitors/Vendors agrees to be bound by said rules and regulations, which by reference thereto are hereby made a part of this agreement. Exhibitors/Vendors may not sublease any part of their space or participate in any third-party advertising or promotions without written permission by Soul-Filled Weekend Management.
- CHARACTER OF EXHIBITS – All exhibits must be designed, constructed and operated in good taste with the best interest of the Event and public safety paramount. The Event Management shall be the sole arbiter and final judge as to what shall constitute “good taste,” “safety” and “the best interest of the Event and the public,” and shall have the right and authority to require the removal, relocation or the modification of and display or exhibit. No explosive fuels or other highly combustible matter will be permitted. Tent exhibits are limited to an eight-foot back wall, erected so as not to obstruct the view of neighboring exhibits and all exhibits must be properly secured with sand bags or water. No stakes can be nailed into the pavement.
- HEALTH DEPARTMENT INSPECTION – Participating “food sampling” Exhibitors/Vendors must be prepared for health department inspection each day two hours prior to event start time. All Exhibitors/Vendors must comply with the rules and regulations of the City of Jackson Department of Health Food Safety Division.
- CLEANLINESS & DAMAGES – The Exhibitors/Vendors rented space must be cleaned of all soot, grease & debris by the Exhibitors/Vendors at the conclusion each day of the festival. Space or tents left damaged, soiled or stained by the Exhibitors/Vendors shall be the sole responsibility of Exhibitors/Vendors & the cost(s) of cleaning, repairing or replacing such space or tent & said costs will be billed to the Exhibitors/Vendors within a reasonable time thereafter & Exhibitors/Vendors shall pay for said costs within 30 days of billing.
- REMOVAL OF TRASH – Exhibitors/Vendors are responsible for maintaining acceptable standards of sanitation within their booths & for disposing of their own trash into trash receptacles provided by JJE located on New Horizon Complex grounds.
- INJURIES – Any accident must be reported immediately to the First Aid area operated by JJE hired EMTs stationed in the Complex Grounds. If it is not possible to leave your booth, please notify a JJE staff person. First Aid will check the injury, determine proper medical treatment and file a report for insurance purposes. This documentation is required if litigation develops as a result of an injury or accident.
- LATE SET-UP FORFEITURE – Exhibitors/Vendors who do not set up on schedule may, at the discretion of the Event Management, have their designated space changed or occupied by another Exhibitors/Vendors. The removed Exhibitors/Vendors shall not be entitled to a refund.
- ACTS OF GOD – JJE shall have no liability whatsoever for any damage, of any nature, to any person, matter or thing resulting from storm, wind or water or other acts of God, or imminent threat thereof, nor from fire, strikes, or lockouts. If the Sponsor’s Event space has not been made available to the Exhibitors/Vendors for more than one 24-hour period by reason of storm, wind or water, other acts of God, or from fire, then JJE shall return to the Exhibitors/Vendors payments made after deducting JJE expenses incurred to that date.
- WATER POLLUTANTS – Federal and State Water Quality Standards must be complied with at all times and Exhibitors/Vendors shall be solely responsible to ensure that there is no dumping or discarding of refuse, sanitary waste or other pollutants in the water surrounding their exhibits or on the Event site.
- ENFORCEMENT – Exhibitors/Vendors agrees to pay all reasonable attorney’s fees and other costs incurred by JJE in enforcing this contract.
- AMENDMENTS – Management of JJE has the full power to interpret and enforce these rules, conditions, and regulations and the power to make reasonable amendments thereto and to make such further reasonable rules and regulations necessary for the proper conduct of a safe, clean, well-regulated and attractive Event.
- WEATHER – The Exhibitors/Vendors and JJE agree that JJE or any of its employees or agents shall not be liable for loss, damage, third party damages, claims or loss to property, persons or vessels in the event of acts of God, storms, floods, high winds, gales or hurricanes. It is the Event Management’s sole and absolute discretion to order an evacuation of the Event, or to take the necessary steps to protect public health and property in the event of an act of God, severe weather or the issuance of severe weather warning for the Jackson, MA area or environs by the National Weather Service. Exhibitors/Vendors hereby agree to evacuate and immediately remove their products and related personal property from JJE Tailgate area in the event of such weather conditions or the issuance of severe weather warning for the Jackson, MS area or environs by the National Weather Service. The Exhibitors/Vendors agree that JJE does not guarantee safety in abnormal weather conditions (e.g., flood, tide, fog, gale winds, high waves, hurricanes). It shall be the Exhibitors/Vendors responsibility to remove its display in a timely manner or to instruct JJE to haul it without liability to JJE at their normal rates for equipment and labor. Exhibitors/Vendors shall bear total responsibility for all damage to and/or caused by displays in these circumstances. If Exhibitors/Vendors does not cause display to be so removed, it is stipulated that JJE may do so, at full cost to Exhibitors/Vendors (Owner), but with no responsibility to do so on JJE part or on the part of JJE insurance underwriter.
RULES (IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE)
Parking Lot Activities
Sports balls, riding on scooters, skateboards, or roller blades in the parking lot is dangerous and annoying to other fans and all are prohibited. Four-wheelers, motorized scooters, etc. are also strictly prohibited. However, Golf carts are allowed in the Tailgate Lot only. Any violaters will be subject to be removed from premises and fined. The reselling of tickets or selling of any merchandise items is not allowed in the parking lots. Vehicles left in the parking lots, other than the tailgate lots, overnight may be towed. Laws pertaining to the consumption of alcohol will be strictly enforced.